Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Blogtember: Where You From? - Day 1

Hello All,

Its the first day of Blogtember!

Source
That's how I'm feeling today because I'm so excited for this challenge!

Today's topic is about Where you're from. The first thing I thought about when I saw this topic was the song by Miranda Lambert called the house that built me. Haven't heard of it? Check it out right now!


The songs is about woman who looking for inspiration so she goes back to her childhood home to see how much the house as changed and go back to her innocence. 

When I saw that this was the prompt I got all excited! For those of you who have read my blog for awhile you may know that I recently got my license which means freedom. And since getting it I have realized how much I love driving, every once in a while I'll go out of my way to just to drive.

A few weeks ago I decide that I wanted to drive my the house that I lived in before my parents got divorce. They got divorce when I when I was in first grade so my memory isn't totally clear but in the past I have pictured the house. 

So, I slowly made my way up to the house and looked at the house. At first I didn't recognized, I had hard time believing that this was the house that I played with all my Barbies in but it was. I know it was because slowly all the memories started coming into focus, I realized that the house had been painted, it was no longer blue. I found the window that use to be to my room and I saw the garden that my Father grew pumpkins in. And as I drove by I saw that my tree house had been torn down but I could picture where it should have been. 

Its weird how places change but memories don't. Its weird that you could drive by place and not recognize it at first but then memories flood back. 

The song, The House That Built me has always stood out to me although I don't really have a house that built me. Mama J and I's house is my home, its the place where I will always call the house I grew up in. And I know when Mama J decides to sell I will be sad but I don't have the connection that Miranda Lambert has to the house in the song. 

Does you childhood home hold that connection for you? Let me know in the comments below!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!