Saturday, March 29, 2014

11 MONTHS!

Hello All,

Today I have been blogging for 11 months! Holy Moly! That is a long time! This month was one of the hardest month for me when it came to blogging. But the small break that I took over Spring Break was helpful and when I got back to my dorm that Sunday, I took some time to re-organize how I organize my blog.

I came to the conclusion that this month was so hard in blogging for a few reasons and I'm going to share them for the primary reason that my blog is a keepsake for me but its also a good place to go back and remember lessons learned.

The first and primary reason is that I was so emotional exhausted that putting effort into something that wasn't school was hard. I started to realize how much I had put blogging on the back burner and I was putting out a lot of half assed- post. I actually think that readers were noticing it when I was looking at this months stats.

Another reason was that I was  no longer feeling organized with it. For the past I wanna say like 9 months I have prided myself over how I would pre-write post and know exactly what was going to go live on any given day. For most of this month when it came to posts I was writing them the night before and flying by the seat of my pants.

The final reason was getting swept in the idea of being blogging famous. I was starting to feel sad when I wasn't getting comments on post or posts that I really liked weren't getting the page views that I wanted. But over my break I got a reality check. I don't post for the page views. I post what I want to remember or things that I think are interesting or my favorite features are things that I think can go on and on about. And I will continue to post these because I like them.

The final thing was the fact that I also felt like I needed to stay on my Monday through Friday Schedule. I was beginning to feel like I was failing if I didn't have a post read. Don't get me wrong I really like staying on a Monday through Friday schedule and I'm going to attempt to stay on the Monday through Friday schedule but if there comes a day when I don't have a post ready or I don't feel inspired I'm not going to worry or feel guilty if I don't have a post.

With all that being said and off my chest I want to take a look back at this month!

Monthly Stats:
- 9235 Page Views
-177 Comments:
-267 Published Post
Most Read Posts:
*None of this month's post made it into the top read post so these are all written before Feb. 28***
Why Frozen is the Perfect Movie
Movie Review: The Internship
Bucket List Recap (August 2013)
I Believe The Simple Thing
Celebrity Crushes
My Favorite Post of the Month:
1 Year, 5 Years and 10 Years
Post Coming Up This Month:
-How I Spent My Birthday\
-More additions of Getting Ready to Set Sail
Events Coming Up This Month:
-Apple Banquet
-Project Beautification
-Pencil Pal (the program I run for Future Teachers Club) Meet n' Greet
-Hannah's Birthday
-Relay for Life

2 comments:

  1. Those are important lessons to learn! Blog for you, then everyone else would love you cause you're genuine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for always being there when I needed to talk blogging!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!