Thursday, March 6, 2014

GETTING READY TO SET SAIL: Kids Club {Week 5}

Hello All, 

Its mid-terms this week here and Spring Break can't come any faster. But I am personally more excited for May and my Disney Cruise! But I still have to wait 72 days! That is way to long for me! Two days ago was actually one of my aunts who is bring me on the cruise birthday and when I texted her happy birthday I told her how excited I am she said she was just as excited!  So, let's get talking about the Disney Cruise for today's Getting Ready to Set Sail.

Today I am going to talk to you about something that I have some first hand knowledge with but not a whole lot.Today we are going to talk about the kid's club aboard the Disney Cruise ships. Now you may be thinking to yourself, why would some college student want to talk about kid's club on cruise ship, she now longer a kid? But the thing is, its not that I want to talk about the kids' club as much as I want to share information with anyone and everyone who might be thinking about going on a Disney Cruise.

Disney cruises like to brag that they have something for everyone in the family. And from my experience its true. I've been on two Disney Cruises with two different times and each time I was at a different level for the kids club. The one piece of advice I would give anyone with kids is that if the kids are going to go to the kid's club ever in cruise then they should go first day in order to meet the cast members because they will make them feel more invited when they do go later in the cruise. 

Its A Small World Nursery
The first level is the Nursery, aboard the Disney Fantasy this is called, Its a Small World Nursery. This room is for kids 3 months to 3 years old. Although using the nursery is an additional cost and is mainly used when parents are having "a date night" aboard the ship. 
Source
Disney's Oceaneer Club
This section is for children 3 years old to 12 years old. In these rooms they can play games, perform on stages and learn from the cast members. The area is split into 4 sections; Andy's room, Monster's Academy, Pixie Hollow and Disney Explorer's pod. 
Source
Disney Oceaneer's Lab
This area is also design for kids 3 to 12 has areas for them to watch movies, play games, learn more about Disney animation and do arts & crafts. When I was in this level at Disney they also brought in a "mad" scientist to make flubber with us!
Source
Edge
This area is perfect for those pre-teens out there that are too cool to spend time with Mom and Dad. In this year they get to watch movies, listen to music and make friends. Its the perfect area for 11-14 years old. 
Souce
Vibe:
This is the area I remember best from my last cruise and let me tell it was cool in there. My favorite thing they did was bring us around the ship and tell us ghost stories and worked some Disney Magic. This area is for teens 13-17 years old and is the perfect for teens to make new friends.
Source
Have you ever gone on a Disney cruise and been to the kid's club? What was your experience like? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!