Monday, March 31, 2014

The Start to My 20th Birthday!

Hello All,

Happy Monday! Today I'm going to through it back about a week to finally talk about my 20th birthday! Am I the only blogger who writes about their birthday almost a week later? Apparently me. Anyways, I went to bed after mid-night just to see if anyone texted me at 12 AM, no one did, maybe one day!

I woke back up at around 10:15 AM, which was exactly 20 years to the minute I was born, I thought that was pretty cool. I went upstairs and ate cinnomon buns for my birthday breakfast with Mama J. We talked and hung out, it was our last quality time before I went to back to school. 

Soon Hannah texted me to tell me she was at my house because we are going to NYC for the day! We drove to the train stations and hoped on the 2:48 PM train. While on the train I took a birthday selfie to compare to a baby picture of myself!


While on the train a very nice couple sat next to us. We spent some time talking about what we were going to in the city and about the place where I work, which they happen to love to go to! It actually happened to be the husband's birthday as well so they drank champagne!

I spent a good amount of the train ride eavesdropping on their conversation and I must say they seemed so sophisticated and intelligent couple. I hope one day my future husband brings me on trip and some college girl looks at us the way that I looked at them. Also if for whatever reason they happen to read this blog, thanks for the entertainment and for inspiring me for the future.

When we got off the train we headed towards time square and this time we didn't get lost! We actually did well the whole time without getting lost! We were on a search for somewhere to go for dinner. We really just wanted somewhere that we reconginzied the name of. We finally found a TGI Fridays and decided to go there. 

We both got a sirloin steak with mash potatoes but like a bad blogger and didn't take a picture. #Sorrynotsorry There wasn't anything on the menu that I particularity wanted for dessert so we decided to look for somewhere else.

We were hoping to find like cupcake type place but we didn't. So, we ended up going to Applebees where we got lava cake type thing. We each got 1 and 2 spoons each because they thought there were a lot people eating it but nope just us. #ooops



After dessert it was time to head where we were actually going for my birthday! And I can't wait to share it with you guys. 

8 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! (I was, coincidentally, just in NYC for my birthday last week too! Small world!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love New York, I'm hoping to go again soon, finger crossed! Thanks for stopping by and reading! xoxo, Emma.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Emma, and a great year ahead, seems you celebrated in fine style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake thing...I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good, but in all honesty, I didn't eat the ice cream, it had little crystally things in it.

      Delete
  4. Mmmm that lava cake looks good :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!