Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What Natalie Loves Wednesday...A Guest Post

Hello All,

Today I'm sitting in a lot meetings about being a club officer at my school. While I'm in meetings a friend of mine from school is stepping in to do her own What I Love Wednesday! I  just finished reading it and is really good and on topic that I will eventually write about myself. So, without further ado I introduce Natalie!

***

Hi there! My name is Natalie from the Blog 'Finding My Voice'. I'm so glad to be a guest blogger on Emma's blog! On my blog, I write about my daily life as a college student who is trying to find my place in the world. In addition to that, I share playlists and write poetry and fiction.

What I Love Wednesday: The Gilmore Girls


          It’s rare to find a show that captures the hearts of multiple generations. These are the kinds of shows that tweens can watch with their mothers, grandmothers can watch with their elder grandchildren, and even twenty somethings can watch and enjoy. One of these shows that actually has the power to do this, is the Gilmore Girls.
          Gilmore Girls premiered in 2000 and tells the story of Lorelei Gilmore, and her daughter Rory. Lorelei was a teenage mother, and since getting pregnant at 16 became estranged from her parents Richard and Emily Gilmore. After years of being financially and emotionally independent, Lorelei asks her parents to loan her the money to pay for Rory’s private prep school. They agree, however, with the condition of weekly Friday night dinners.
          Over the course of seven years, a large fan base faithfully watches Rory blossom into a young adult, Lorelei fall in love with the one, and watch a brilliant cast of supporting characters go through their daily lives. Stars Hollow is something that extends more than a fictional town, it becomes a weekly place to visit. It is rare for a television show to do that. It’s the kind of show that stays with you long after the last episode has been aired.
          Why do I love Gilmore Girls? Well, there is many reasons why. The first is that no matter what I’m going through in my life, I can watch an episode of Gilmore Girls and know that I wasn’t alone. The second that this is a show like none other. Stars Hollow is a quirky town with unique holidays, and characters. The third reason why I love Gilmore Girls is because it is a show filled with positive influences, and role models. Lorelei is one of my favorite characters of all time. I consider her my role model, because she is strong and independent. She knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to go after it. An example of this is when she went up to someone and kissed them just for the pleasure of wanting to know what it was like. I often ask myself when in doubt what would Lorelei Gilmore do? Then I would just do it, no matter how crazy and far fetched the idea was.
          I will continue to watch Gilmore Girls reruns, and the DVDs for the years to come. I’ll show it to my own daughter someday, just like my mother showed me. If you haven’t seen it, then I recommend you seeing it. Then, you can see why I love the Gilmore Girls.

***


Thanks again for writing a post for me today Natalie! What are you loving this Wednesday? Let me know in comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!