Saturday, August 24, 2013

Leadership Retreat Day One

Hello All,

Over the past few days I have been celebrating being a student leader through my college's summer leadership retreat. I will be blunt some of the workshops I went were boring but over all I really enjoyed myself.

 But my favorite part was the feeling I got every time one of the people running the retreat referred to as student leaders. I still love the feeling I get when I think I'm a student leader or when I told a parent of freshmen I was helping move in today that I was helping today because I am a student leader for one of the clubs on campus. 

The school I go to has a great way of making me feel like I'm exactly where I'm suppose to be and that somehow, some way that I will end up being the person I was made to be, which interestingly enough was one of themes of keynote's speaker speech. 

Our Keynote speaker was Joshua Fredenburg.

Source
He was interesting, I hate to say but no matter how interesting a speaker may be I have a hard time focusing after like 45 minutes to an hour. But I did enjoy him. 

One of my favorite things is that he encouraged us to tweet things that he said that we found interesting because we never knew who else that could inspire. And I did just that. 3 things that Fredenburg said that stuck with, still are stuck with me today 3 days later and probably will stick with for a while to come. 

 I love this idea, I love that when I child is born you have no clue what their future might be, whether they will find the cure for cancer or teach the president of the United States. We never know what our impact will be in the world.
 I'm a huge believer in the idea that everything happens for a reason. So, naturally I believe that we were put on this planet for a reason. If your not doing what you were put on this planet to do you won't be happy until you find it.
\
The final one is about how your friends define so much of who you are. When people see your friends doing stupid stuff they are going to assume that you do stupid things. Or if you hang out with people who aren't motivated then your not going to be motivated. 

Those are the big things I learned at the leadership retreat. The rest of the day were filled with workshops. I went to one about how creative advertising for events, how to stay stress free and how to host a successful events. All which I learn some new stuff but a lot of it I already knew. 

Well that was pretty much day one. I'll day you about day two in a couple of days. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!