Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What Would You Do? {Finding Carter}

Hello All,

Have you heard of MTV's newest show Finding Carter? If you haven't check out this promo is you please.


Basically this girl Carter was kidnapped when she was 3 years old and then raised by her kidnapper. When she is 16 her and her friends get caught breaking into a merry go round. After finger printing her the cops discover who she really is and send her back to live with her bio family. 

Source
Carter has a hard time adjusting and just wants to go back to her kidnapped mom who is on the run. She is trying to fit in with the new friend's she making and find her place within her new family dynamics. This show really isn't like anything that is on TV right. You can catch on MTV at 8/7c.

Source
But after watching this show I can't help but to think what would I do in this position. I mean I know that I would be told that I can't go back to the parents who raised me. Which would mean, like it or not I would have to  get to know my new family. That is if I was 16 like Carter. 

For the most part Carter has found a bond with her younger brother (who might be my favorite character even though I don't know his name), she is trying to figure out how to be a sister to her twin who let's face has probably fantasize what it was like to have her sister back for most of her life. And her and her bio dad seemed to have really bonded although, he probably can't be trusted. And she bickers non-stop and doesn't get along at all with her mom.

If I was in her position, I don't know how I would feel. I mean my mom is favorite place in the world. She is my hero. I think that having any other women try to replace the place she had in my life. Yes, I know that technically she would be my mom but Mama J would always feel like my mom.

As for the new siblings, I don't know what I would think. I mean I've been an only child since I was 3 yeas old. I wouldn't know how to be sibling. I wouldn't know how to share my parents affection. I would find it strange.

But I think the that new life would be hard. It would be hard to make new friends and completely start over. I would be worried that  people would want to be friends with me because I was that chick that got kidnapped. 

Its a lot to think about. What do you think you would do in that situation? Let me know in the comments below.

-P.S. I'm doing something really awesome today & tomorrow so you should keep and eye on my FacebookTwitter & Instagram for updates!

4 comments:

  1. I saw the promos for this show and am intrigued! I'll have to keep it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't seen the show, but it reminds me of the book "the face on the milk carton"! the main character has always been an only child, had two great parents, never wanted for anything, etc and then she finds out she actually belongs to a big messy family on the other side of town. i recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Face on the Milk Carton when I was younger. I actually read the sequel as well. They were good books.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!