Thursday, July 24, 2014

Book Review: If I Stay & Where She Went

Hello All,

After this summer would you believe that for the last few years I have had a hard time finding books that I like? I know me neither and today I'm going to make that fact even harder by review not one but two books for this post!


So, let me set the seen about how I found these books. When I went to see The Fault in Our Stars I saw the preview below and thought this a book that I need to read before I see the movie! 

And when I went to Target to pick up my copy of the book I notice that there was sequel and picked that book up as well. Then continue to read both of the books in 5 days! 
The first book is about Mia who is cello playing high school senior with high chances of going Julliard. She is super close to her family although she doesn't really feel like she fits at times with her rocker family. She also is deeply in love with her future rock star boyfriend. One day Mia and her family go out for the day and get into a huge car accident that kills her family and leaves her in coma. As Mia watches the after in car crash from outside her body she most decide if she is going to stay or die. 
This book is so beautifully written and so though provoking. Its alternating pattern of going from flashbacks to the present and back helps the readers understand just how painful and scary this decision is for her. It also makes you think what would you do if you had chose. Would you go with you family or stay and live. 
I definitely recommend this book if you like thought provoking or tear jerking or heart breaking books then read this. You won't regret it!
Source
Where she went is the sequel to If I Stay and takes you 3 years into the future. It is told from the perspective for Adam, Mia's now rock star ex-boyfriend. I can't give too much of summary because I don't want to give too much away. But it gives you some inside of what was going on why Mia was in her coma and the months afterwards.
As for a recommendation I would recommend this to anybody who read the original one but if you haven't read If I Stay you have to do that first. It answer quite a few questions and I feel like I have a lot more closure with this story after reading the sequel!
Source
Have you read either of these books? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below!
I am also using this post for a link-up hosted by the lovely Rachael and Heather for there summer reads. Along with these two books I also have read The Fault in Our Stars, The Maze Runner and To All the Boys I've Loved Before. All of which I recommend! 
Summer Reading Linkup

6 comments:

  1. Just added "If I Stay" to my goodreads, great suggestion! Thanks for linking up! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having the link up it was a great idea!

      Delete
  2. I picked up If I Stay out of the blue one day and started reading it... I just couldn't put it down. I have been recommending this book like crazy to all of my friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read the sequel? If you haven't you have to! Its that amazing!

      Delete
  3. I've seen the preview for this and it's moved up my TBR! I had no idea there was another one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see the movie! I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!