Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tori Comes to College

Hello All,

If you've been around these parts for a while you know that I had a Sophomore Year Goal to have one of my friends from back home come visit me at college. Well this weekend I accomplished this goals because one of my very best friends in the whole world came and visited me. This very good friend is Tori! 

The morning that Tori came didn't start out that great though because you see I was cleaning my room and I grabbed my shower cady where my razor head was facing blade up and sliced my finger on it. It hurt like a mother well you now. I was actually worried that Tori would have to bring me to the ER so I could get stitches. Luckily it eventually stopped bleeding and I was ready to enjoy my time. And if Mama J is reading this, sorry I forgot to tell you about my finger and that this how your finding out. 

Finally Tori got here and we spent Friday night being extremely lazy. We laid in my bed and talked for the first part of the afternoon, which is exactly what I needed! Mandi also came over for a little while and two of my best friends got to meet which was cool. 

A little while later I took Tori to a fancy dinner at the dinning hall. Can you sense the sarcasm that line or did that not come across?  

After dinner we went back to my dorm and watched a couple episodes of MTV's new reality show, which I will probably write a post about because I'm obsessed with the show and I like to write about what I'm obsessed with here on this old bloggy here. We also watched When Harry Met Sally, God I love that movie and another movie I never heard but was really good, Mystic Pizza. 

I didn't take any picture from this day because I needed time with my best friend that wasn't being documented or anything, we just relaxed. 

The next morning we got up and got ready for our day. We then headed out to spend sometime in New Haven! Yale to be more exact. Our first stop though was Chiplote, it was Tori's first experience there and she said she liked it. I have been obsessed with Mexican food recently so I was happy to go there as well. 

We then started exploring Yale! God I love Yale, I think its so beautiful and such an amazing campus. While we were exploring we noticed all these guys walking around wearing bunny ears! So, after about 5-10 minutes of wondering why we finally stopped one of them and asked why? He told us he was doing a sociology project. Then he started talking to us about Yale and he actually thought I went there! It was so cool and I totally wish I had gone there! He was so sweet and super cute, so if some strange reason this guy his reading this, thanks for answer our questions and your awesome! 

After talking to him I had a total fan girl moment because I saw a sign for the building that Rory Gilmore lived in in one of the season of Gilmore Girls!


We eventually made our way to the Yale bookstore/campus clothing store I did some shopping. Some thing you may not know about me is that but I am obsessed with the Ivy League schools, especially Yale. So, I went on a mini shopping spree where I bought a shirt for myself, for my little cousin and a cute pink binder.

LtoR: My cousin shirt, my binder and my shirt
 At the store we met the shop owner and he was so sweet. He talked to us for a while and he told us that his favorite part of his job is that he gets to meet people from all over the world. He was totally amazing and I would effeminately stop back in there on another day that I'm exploring Yale. 

After the shop we did a little bit more exploring of Yale, we did search for another Bunny Ear guy so we could take a picture with them but alas we never saw one. We did however take a couple selfies to prove that yes we both were at Yale. 

LtoR; Tori and Me
LtoR: Tori and Me
We eventually drove back to my campus and talked for a little bit longer and then it was time for her to go home. I was sad to see her go but we talked about maybe having her come visit me later in the spring.

I have been missing Tori so much lately and really need some good friend time with her which is exactly what this weekend was! 

Did you do anything exciting this weekend? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!