Wednesday, February 19, 2014

That Night {Part 2}

Hello All,

Today on the blog I'm adding the second installment of my short piece of Fiction, "That Night", if you haven't read the first part you do it Part 1!


"Beep! Beep! Beep!" the sound continues over and over, she can slightly see the light through her heavy eyelids. Her eyelids aren't the only heavy part of her body that was heavy, just about everything was heavy, all the way down to her little toe. 

She breathed deeply and slowly opened her eyes to find her self staring at an unfamiliar ceiling, she rolled her head to the side to see a man, probably close to 30 asleep in the chair, she didn't know him. She rolled her head slowly to the other side to where the bed side table was. There was a bouquet of purple flower, she rolled her eyes, she hated purple. Next to it was two homemade cards, the first one was on yellow paper with all sorts of blue lines all over the place. The other one was pink with black words that read, "Get Better Mama!". 

she looked forward once again and stared at the wall, where was she?  

A nursing in light blue scrubs walked into her room, "Well hello Mrs. Matherson." She walks around to her arm and started playing with her tubes coming out of her arms. "How are you feeling today?"

"Where am I?

"Oh, Mrs. Matherson, you must be so confused you were in a car accident a few nights ago, you hit your head pretty bad."

"Why do you keep calling me Mrs. Matherson?"

I'm sorry would your rather I call you Samantha?" The nurse asked, there a was a slight stir from her left.

"Oh sweetie, you're awake, how are you feeling?"

"Whose Samantha? Who he's? Where's mom? Is he okay?"

The man's eyes slightly filled with tears, "Don't you remember me Sami? I'm Alex, your husband."

"My husband! I'm only 15, my first boyfriend broke up with me right before the accident," her head started racing 1,000 of miles an hour, her chest tighten, her heart was beating out of her chest, breathing seemed like a foreign act and her eyes once again felt heavy. Until she let her head fall back against her pillow and land back in the dark. 

To Be Continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!