Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I Guess You Could Call Me Rory Gilmore

Hello All,

I feel like almost every college blogger and young lady blogger out there seems to want to be Carrie Bradshaw, except me. I don't know why, I guess because I'm not one of those people who love Sex in the City. In fact the closest I've gotten to watching Sex in the City is the Carrie Diaries which from everything that I've heard is completely different then the show its inspiration. But I have gone of track, you last week something happened that was very Rory Gilmore esque.

Source
A few weeks ago Natalie facebook messages me telling me that her editor on the school newspaper was looking for new writer's and she thought of me. She got me in contact with her editor and she gave me a list of topics to write about. As soon as I got the list one of them jumped out and I was excited to try. 

A few weeks ago I sent in my first article and the editor told me it was good to go.  On February 12, 2014, I was able to cross something off my bucket list and officially say that I am published writer! Just like Rory Gilmore was in college.

The front page of the paper
My article
 I wrote about how many celebrities have started writing books.
My first byline! So, beyond proud!
The section of my article was in
The section I write under

It was so cool to see my name in the paper, I also am excited that I will be writing more articles in the future. But I am also very excited that I got to cross the first item off my bucket list!


If you are interested in reading my first article you can, here!

Have you ever written anything for you school paper? Have you crossed anything off your bucket list recently? Let me know in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on crossing something on your bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, its such an awesome feeling! Part of me still can't believe its happened!

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! Rory is amazing and definitely a good person to compare yourself too! Congrats on your article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Rory, I thought she was the perfect person to compare to because I always wanted to be her. Thanks for stopping by and reading!

      Delete
  3. congrats! glad to know someone else who doesn't want to be carrie, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! In all honesty the blogger I would love to be would be Jenna Hamiliton from Awkard. I mean who would want Matty McKibben (I don't know if that's how you spell his name) in love with you. LOL Thanks for stopping by and reading!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!