Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Newport RI ~ August 2014

Hello All,

Yesterday I told you about how Mama J and I went to Mystic Pizza as part of our mini vacation. The next day we went to downtown Newport. I hadn't been to Newport in years and years, probably since I was like 3 or 4 years old. 

When we got to Newport right around lunch time so we stopped at the Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant. It was super busy and crowded. We had to wait about 5 to 10 minutes for our table but they took our drink orders while we waited. When we got to our table our waitress came over quickly and  we ordered out food. I got a lobster Mac&Cheese. It was okay but not the hands down best I had ever had. 

The only ify think that happened was they asked us to move to accommodate and larger group but neither of us had any problem. They were very sweet and I appreciated that the hostess remembered us and thanked us again as we were leaving.  

After that we walked around the town and went into all the little shops. We went into the Alex and Ani Store and the Tervis Tumbler Store. As well as many locally owned stores. I ended up getting one of those female football jersery sweatshirts that say the location across the back. You know those things that are all the rage. If you don't I have picture coming up of it.

While we exploring we found a cute little cupcake place that had DELICIOUS cupcake. If you ever see a Cupcake Charlies promise me that you will go because they were that delicious. 

We were about ready to head back to the car when we happened upon a camera store that had memory sticks! So, we stopped in and we bought one for the rest of our mini vacation and here's a little spoiler I got great pictures that coming up soon.

On our way back to our car Mama J wanted to stop in a Yankee Candles store and waited for her outside and snapped this picture.


We decided we wanted to drive around the non downtown areas of Newport and we happened upon a little beach and we got out to put our feet and the water and of course the blogger in me had to take some pictures.


I think this is one of my favorites


I was trying to be a little bit artsy
Then I try to directed Mama J in taking a picture I had in mind for me and it took a couple of takes.

Take One; too centered
Take two; too much on the left
Take three; the final product and what I had envision Thanks Mama J for being patient 
Finally Mama J told me she wanted to take a selife and it took quite a few takes to get the right one and these are just a few of them.




After the beach we headed back to our hotel and relaxed by watching some Criminals Minds. Our last day of our Mini Vacation was by doing some outlet shopping and then heading back to reality. It was a great little break and at the time I didn't know about the one I would be going on the next week. But more on that on Friday. Tomorrow I'm linking up with Natalie for Blogging For Cause where bloggers are writing about the causes that mean the most to them, so if your looking for a topic on Thursday or Friday think about the link up.

3 comments:

  1. I just went to Newport a few months ago with my boyfriend! I also haven't been there since I was very little. I loved the town and can't wait to go back! :) Great post!
    xoxox Kelly - in2thelabyrinth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to enjoy Newport on such a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Newport! I've only gone there on a short day trip but I'd love to do a three day weekend there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!