Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring Cupcakes!

Hello All,

Happy Wednesday! We are mid-way through this week, which has been busy for me and I don't know about you but I could use some sweets to help me get over this hump, so I'm going to show you some yummy treats I made over the weekend.

Starting with the ingredients:
I used 2 packages of peeps, starburst jelly beans, green food dye, vanilla frosting and yellow cake mix
I decide to use a cake mix instead of homemade because I had some in the house. I figure either you all use cake mix so I didn't take picture of that process. 

While the cupcakes were cooling I mixed the green food dye into the frosting so that it would be green!

I let the cupcakes to cool as long as possible to make sure the frosting wouldn't be to melty, because the majority of people don't like that. I do but I knew other would be eating it. I put it on the cupcake hoping to create a grass effect.

Afterward came the fun part, on each of the cupcakes I put on a peep and 2 jellybeans. Unfortunately there were 24 cupcakes but only 10 peeps so some were missing their peeps. But they still came out pretty cute if I do say so myself.

I gave Mama J but the majority of them I brought to school and a lot of girls on my floor ate them. Everyone seemed to love them and thought they were adorable. 

And those are my spring cupcakes. They really got me in the mood for spring! What do you do to get in the mood for spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!