Today I want to bring back a feature that I started last semester and put on break during the Winter Break.
Today I'm going to introduce you to an AMAZING college blogger, Rachael from The Rachael Way. She has been blogging pretty much whole college career and it graduating soon! I asked her a few questions and this what she had to say!
1. What inspired you to start blogging? Where did you get the name for your blog?
I blog because I like to write. I started in my freshman year because one of my sorority sisters made one and it looked cool. I didn't really get "into blogging" until this summer when I moved to a new place and didn't have a lot of friends :p The name of my blog is The Rachael Way because it's about my life, I'm quirky and this blog documents it!
2. What is your favorite post that you've written?
My favorite post I've written is called "Enough" I think a lot of people struggle with what I wrote about and it helped me to put it into words!
3. What are you planning to do after you graduate?
After I graduate, I am going to be a teacher!
4. On your blog you are doing 22 before 22 where you are trying to complete 22 goals before you turn 22. How much longer do you have before you turn 22? Which goal are you must proud of completing? Which do you think is going to be hardest to complete?
I turn 22 on September 24th. The biggest goal I am most proud of was organizing a blogger meetup. It was so much fun and I was so happy with the turnout.
|***This picture belongs to the Rachael Way***|
I think it will be hard for me to get to New York City before I turn 22, but I'm certainly going to try!
5. What tip would you give to someone who start a blog?
Best blog tip- write for YOU. Don't write for followers and screw the numbers. Write from your heart and it will all work out!
6. What is the biggest piece of advice that you would give a college freshmen?
My advice to a college freshman is totally cliche but true.. join everything until you find your niche! You will meet so many people and then find what you really love and where you really shine!
7. Where do you see your blog going after you graduate? Will you continue to blog or will you end it?
I plan to keep my blog when I graduate. I just really like it and can't really imagine what it would be like to not have it!
8. Since this feature is all about college blogger who are some of your favorite college bloggers?
Thanks again Rachael for participating in this feature! Make sure you go and give Rachael some love!
P.S. - Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!