Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Letter to Me

Hello All,

I wrote a letter to me back turning blogtember but looking aback on it I didn't like it. I was so burnt out from writing pre-determined topics for blogtember and writing 7-Days a weeks. But the other day I was driving back to school I heard the song that I used when I first wrote this post, Brad Paisley's "Letter to Me". 


And I re-thought about all the thing I would tell myself and decided to re-write here. 

Dear Emma,

You're half way through your sophomore semester  of high school now. You are going through one of the hardest moments of your life so far, At times you feel alone but talk it out with people you trust because you have some awesome people who love you. 

Now I'm a sophomore year of college and I am no where near where I thought we'd be. For one our major is NOT what we expected it to be. BUT the journey we've gone on so far to get here is AMAZING! And definitely created who you want to be. 

We still haven't met the one, at least that we know of. But PLEASE don't lose your believe that everyone has a somebody because that is what will get your through the summer after senior year when you realize that the boy you liked was ONLY meant to be a friend no matter who right it felt. 

Friends is another thing that has always been an self-conscious about. You know what I mean the questions swim in your head. Why don't they like me? Why don't I have more friends? Do they really like me?  well as bad as it sounds of all the friends you had in high school, you only talk to two of them. BUT you are super close with your roommate and you make another best friend who is always there for us when you need them. And trust me there will be  times when you need her. 

But trust me when I say our Mom, Mama Judy is your best friend. She is the only person who loves you unconditionally. I know you guys fight all the time but you make up within in minutes because you guys are the real life Gilmore Girls, don't ever let that change!

And know that OD is one of the best teachers you will never REALLY have because he taught you to love the theater, Flan-Flan will help you find your love for English and she will make you the writer you are today and Mrs. Fredrick will be the teacher you miss the most when your out of school. Make sure you say hi every chance you get!

Hang in there girl because the best is yet to come!

XOXO,
Emma.

If you could tell your young self something what would you tell yourself? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!