Wednesday, January 22, 2014

180 Blankets to 180 Days!

Hello All,

Some of you may have seen my Bucket List Recap List from October or you may have read my my New Years Resolution Introduction earlier this month. In both of these post I talked about how I want to be able to donate 150 blankets to children's hospitals during my life.

But over the place few weeks I have been thinking a lot about this goal. And no I'm not deciding to give up on it. No, instead I've decided to make it bigger. Over the last nine or so month I have read different blogs and watched different vlogs where people decide to use their outlet as a way to make a difference. 

I learned to crochet when I was in 6th grade and trust me when I began I was horrible at! Like the worst crocheter in the world! But I have gotten better. As I was practicing I thought about starting an online shop where I could sell blankets, scarves and mittens but then I realized that I wasn't fast enough, maybe one day but not today. I always figured that on my site I would offer an option to donate a blanket to children's hospital. 

Then I started my bucket list and realized that I could do it anyways. So I chose a random big number, 150, and added it to my bucket list. 

But then I got to thinking, there as to be some way to make this project into something that I could talk about it. I wanted to name it but I couldn't think of anything clever that would go with 150  So, I started thinking about what number I could make that I could create a project for. And I decided on 180!


Why because where I went to school, at least elementary school, we had to go 180 days. But when a child is sick they can't go to school. If they are really sick they can miss a whole year, 180 days, of school if not more. So, I decided that I wanted to make 180 blankets for a 180 kids or may be missing up to or more then 180 days of school.

My goal is to take about 1 hour a week to crochet. I know that it will take me a LONG time to complete this goal but I hope that one day I can complete it. 

What is one of your biggest goals? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!