Sunday, March 22, 2015

Turning 21

Hello All,

Guess what today is! Its my 21st birthday!
Source
But here's a fun fact about me. I never, not once in my life had a single sip of alcohol. This is a pretty big deal to me. And in all honesty I'm not really sue as to why I waited. Over the years I've had countless different reasons. But over time they always changed. All I knew was that I wanted to try and make it to 21 without drinking.

Sometimes when I tell people that I have never drank they think that because I haven't drank I somehow believe that I am better then them. Well I don't. The way I see it is that as long as you are responsible with you alcohol in take I am in no position to judge. Even if you aren't responsible its not so much of judgement but being worried that you could get hurt. 

Other people are impressed that I was able to wait this long to drink. And to those people I want to say thank you. Trust me, especially in the last year I have wanted to give up on this pact that I made with myself and just find away to get some wine and watch a chick flick. But I waited, I kept reminding myself of how proud I would be for waiting as long as I have. And I am proud. 

My favorite type of person when they find out that I don't drink they are indifferent about it. They just accepted as fact about me. I found a lot of these people in my co-workers. As I was leaving the place where I work the Friday before my trip. They were all giving me tips and asking me I REALLY was going to drink on my birthday. And the answer is yes. 

I don't know if I'll like acohol. But I really hope I find some kind that I like to drink. The mixed drinks like cosmo always look good. And my dad's side of the family knows a lot about wine and like to drink that. I'm pretty excited to see what my drink is and to experience being able to go out to dinner and order a drink. Or even better have a girl's night where we watch movies and drink wine. 

So, yeah I'm pretty excited to turn twenty-one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!