Saturday, May 16, 2015

Blue & Green Walk 2015

Hello All,

Happy Saturday! I have so many blog post that I have coming and I'm trying to catch up on all of them. But today's post is actually one that I'm quite excited about.

Some of you may remember a post that I wrote back in February of 2014 (you can read it here). This post was all about the faith I had and how sometimes it works in amazing ways. I wrote that post all about my cousin who had received a heart (her second one) and kidney on January 31, 2014 which saved her life.

Since my cousin was first put on the transplant list back in 2012 Organ donation and being an organ donor has become a cause that I am most of my family had become really passionate about. Last spring Mama J walked in the Blue and Green walk for Organ Donation, unfortunately I wasn't able to because she didn't find out about it in time. 

But this year I came home for the weekend to walk. Not only did Mama J and I walk but so did my cousin (who received the transplant), her son, her father, my cousin's best friend, some of my cousin's co-workers and some family friends.

The Team (Carey's Cadre)
This is only the second year that this walk has taken place so they are still working out the kinks but it was so much fun. We walked 2 miles in support of an important cause. They also have a 5K, maybe I'll run it next year if I can get into shape. 

My cousin was also very proud because her team came in 7th for raising money! We hope that in the next couple years though we'll come in first! I am so proud of how hard our team worked and the reason we walked. I am beyond grateful everyday for my cousins donors and can't wait to walk (or possible run) again next year!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!