Friday, May 22, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Six Months Later

Hello All,

Remember at the beginning of the summer when I set a goal to read at least 4 this summer? No, well check it out here. The reason I am saying this is because in just over a week I already finished my first book! (I finished this book on May 15, about a week before I posted this post.)

One of my favorite things to do after finishing a book is writing about it. Or sharing about it, so today I'm going to do a book review.


The first book that I read this summer was Six Months Later by Natalie Richards. This book is about a girl, Chloe, who falls asleep in study hall during May of her junior year and wakes up November of senior year in the same classroom but at night.  She has lived a whole six months period without remember any of that. Not only that her whole life has done a complete 360. She has almost perfect grades in schools, amazing SAT scores, she dating the popular guy, you know the type that every girl in the school is in love. But she also has a new emotional connection with bad boy and she's no longer talking to her best friend. With the help of the bad boy Adam Chloe must discover the secrets of her missing past but also figure out how she lost her memories.

Now comes the honest part. From about chapter 4 to chapter 30 I couldn't put it down. In case you were wondering there are about 33 or 34 chapters in the book.

For me the beginning of the book started out really slow, at first I had a hard time connecting with the main character. She never really relished in the fact that she was "popular" instead she pouted was negative from the start. I mean I know if I went to sleep one day and then woke up six months later that I'd probably freak out too. But I feel like I'd spend around 24 hours enjoy the unrealistic successes that happen when you lose 6 months. I would take the time to young dating the hot popular guy and having the perfect grades. 

Then I hit the middle of the book and it got really good and interesting. At times there was some parts that were really predictable but moved at a really good pace. Also there weren't too many stereotypes or characters that you see time and time again.

But then we got to the end. Chloe figured out the mystery and then the book start to move at snail pace which I didn't like, it felt like the author was dragging out the end of the story. But then got to the last little bit and tried to throw to it all together and I feel like I was left with a few questions about the Chloe's future. 

Although I didn't love the ending I really liked Natalie's writing style for the majority book and I am currently reading another one of her novels. For a recommendation I would recommend this book as a beach read. Although the story has its exciting moments it was a really easy read which would be perfect when your just relaxing.

Source
Have you read Six Months Later? Tell me what you thought about it in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!