Monday, December 30, 2013

Merps in the City Part 2

Hello All,

I'm back with the second part of  the New York City  trip with my Merps. You can check out part one here. When we left off we started exploring the city and just walking around. We stopped at a one of the vendors and Hannah and both bought pictures. I bought a pictures of the night skyline to hang in my room at home because I'm obsessed with New York. 

It was around 4 o'clock so we decided to head to dinner because we didn't want to get stuck in the dinner rush. While we walking we were approached by 3 men who were looking for donations for a program (none of us actually knew what they were talking about) but they were able to check a TON of money out of the three of us because they wouldn't take no for an answer. So, if you are in Time Square anytime in the next few weeks be aware of these guys because they will manage to corner you! 

As we continued through Time Square I decided I need to pose with Teen Wolf Billboard because you know Dylan O'Brien. 


Finally we were at the Hard Rock Cafe where we were planning on eating that night.




My Twisted Mac & Cheese
Hannah's steak
Mandi got pulled pork but it didn't look that impressive so I didn't take a picture. Neither Mandi nor I were impressed by our meals. I got mine with peppers and I think that got rid of a lot of the flavor. Hannah said her steak was really good! 

After dinner we decided we wanted to go Rockefeller Center to take pictures with the tree. But first we stopped in front of the giant ornaments.

Mandi
Me
LtoR: Hannah and Mandi
LtoR: Me and Mandi
LtoR: Me and Hannah 
LtoR: Me, Mandi and Hannah
We popped into the Lego store so Hannah could look for something for her niece.



We then headed to the train station because we were exhausted and ready to head home. When we got there we checked in to find a train that would stop both at Mandi's stop and Hannah and mine's. They said we had to wait a half hour. Boo :( So, I ran to the bathroom and to get something to drink while Hannah ran to the Apple Store in Grand Central Station to get a charger. Then we sat on the floor and waited. 

The beautiful light show
Mandi
Merpy selfie (LtoR: me and Mandi)
Blurry selfie (LtoR: me and Mandi)
The train was packed going home but we eventually got to sit and slept as soon as I got home. 

Going to New York City with my Merps was beyond fun. We plan to make this annual tradition and next year we want to see the 9/11 memorial and go to Broadway play (maybe Wicked so I can cross it off my bucket list). 

New York City is my favorite city and I'm so grateful that I live a train ride away. Where is your favorite place to visit? Let me know in the comments below. 

P.S. - If you are interested in seeing more pictures from NYC you check out Hannah's Instagram. She gave me permission to  share her page and would love for you check her pictures out. While you're add be sure to check my Instagram out. Sorry for the shameless plug. :) 



2 comments:

  1. Looks so fun! I wish I went to NYC this season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! I love New York City year round but I think that Christmas time is the best time. I'm so excited that we're making it a tradition!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!