Tuesday, May 30, 2017

BOOK REVIEW: Everything Everything

Hello All,

Guess what? I finished another book! Yup I've been a reading fiend lately. For those of you who may be interested that means I've read 7 books (As Old As Time, When It Happens {No review}, Since You've Been Gone, Just One Day, Anna and the French Kiss & The Hating Game) out of my goal of 15! That means that I am 47% of the way towards my goal and two books ahead of schedule. Now that all those boring stats are out of the way let's talk about the most recent book. Was it everything?


The seventh book I read this year was Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon. This book wasn't orginally on my To-Be Read List mainly because it was so hyped up and I often avoid books that are too hyped. That is until they get made into movie, then I have to read them. Which is why I decided to read Everything Everything. And for all of you who haven't seen the Everything Everything movie trailer yet I'll add it right now.

Looks cute right? Plus I love the male actor (Nick Robinson) from his days on Melissa and Joey. So, I had to see but I wanted to read the book first because 8 out of 10 times I feel the book is better then movie. So, one day when I was at Barnes and Noble buying a different book I decided to pick it up.

Everything Everything follows the main character Madeline who has SCIDs which basically means that everything and anything can make her sick. Because of that her mom keeps her indoors in order to keep her safe. One day a boy named Ollie moves in next door and almost imedatily Madeline is enthralled. They start a relationship via emails and IM. The more Madeline gets to know Ollie the more she wants to get to know the rest of the world. 

I read a few reviews on Good Reads where people stated that they feel that Madeline is a very selfish character.  But I didn't feel that she was. Instead I felt that she was a character who was too sheltered and never got a chance to make her decisions. I didn't fault her for being selfish, I actually loved that she had a selfish feeling to her. 

There was a plot twist to the novel but I guessed it about one hundred pages in. I didn't want to believe that it could be the actual twist. And then it was and I loved it! It made sense with the rest of the book and instead of being angry about the twist I had a feeling of empathy towards the situation. I'm trying to be vague so I don't give it away.

My least favorite part of the novel was the ending. It went by way to quickly and I wanted to know more about what happened next. I had more questions about where the characters lives will go from there.

Overall I really enjoyed the book. It doesn't surpass The Hating Game for me but I still really enjoyed it. On a scale of 1-5 with five being AMAZING and one being horrible I rated this book a 4.20. I would recommend the book to the typical I love cheesey Young Adult book readers. 

Source
Have you read Everything Everything? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!