Monday, October 3, 2016

3 Fictional Characters

Hello All,

Have you guys seen the newest social media trend where people are supposed to chose 3 fictional characters that they feel like are most like them or they relate to the most? Well it inspired me to write a blog post so here I am writing a blog post for all you lovely people out there in internet land. 

First I'll start by being honest, when I first saw this trend I had a really hard time picking out which characters I related to the most. I couldn't think of any characters that held all the aspects of me and my identity. After I thought more about it and remembered that I could chose 3 very different characters that each showed the different aspects of who I am/who I hope to be. 

Recently I've been re-watching the Canadian hit show, Degrassi. The first time I watched Degrassi I probably would have felt that I connected most with Clare or even Imogen and don't get me wrong I still see myself in those characters but the character on that show I connect with the most is Holly J Sinclair who is played by the amazing Charlotte Arnold.  
For those of you who have never seen the show Holly J starts out a very intense character (*cough Bitch *cough cough***) who is  use to getting her own way.  Which I don't connect with necessarily (Some may beg to differ 😉). But as the series went on she grew into a softer and more lovable character. I connect with her because much like her I live an insanely crazy schedule where many times I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off, hence the lack of post. But that's not the only reason, much like Holly J I have a very type A personality where I like to do my best and get my work done. My favorite part about Holly J is that  she is just as powerful when she has a man in her life as when doesn't. And I like to believe that I have the same power in my life, well if I ever found a boy worth spending my time on, lol.

Fun fact at one of my pervious jobs they use to call me Emma J and I low key always felt like Holly J.

Now I'm not always so tightly wound so next I wanted to think of someone goofier. I started thinking of some of my favorite sitcoms and I came up with New Girl. Originally I thought about saying  I was most like Jessica Day, I can be quirky. But then I was like nah that doesn't sound right. Then it hit me, I am most like Winston who is played by Lamorne Morris.
Source
Much like Winston I can be pretty socially awkward, especially when it comes to dating. I don't know how to properly approach dating and finding someone who thinks I'm as adorable as I think I am. Winston also has a weird connection with his cat which if we're being honest will be me one day when I have my puppy dog. Unlike Winston I'm not as dependent on other people as Winston is on his roommates. But I do agree with him Saturday is the day of sleeping. I can't come up with more reason know but if we're being honest when I watch New Girl on Netflix I often think to my "Wow that's me" with half the stunts Winston pulls.

The final character I felt a connection with was a no brainer even though she wasn't the first person I thought of. That would be the one and only Brooke Davis played by the amazing Sophia Bush.
Source
Brooke Davis a gorgeous girl who still went through her ups and downs but handled it with grace, something I strive to do. I connect with Brooke because she is a hard worker and built a whole empire because its what she wanted. I've never built an empire but I have the drive to follow my dreams. As the seasons go on we see what a great friend Brooke is, yes she didn't want to be Peyton's friend but she felt betrayed so I don't blame her. For the most part, she was always there for the people she loved and at the end of the day she did help Peyton kick psycho Derrick's ass so there's that. In the end the reason I feel so connected to her because she has such a big a heart and so do I (at least in my opinion).

So those are the 3 fictional characters I feel most connected with. What 3 fictional characters do you connect with the most? Let me know in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!