Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Pumpkin Picking 2015

Hello All,

How is it already November? Actually I can totally believe it because October completely dragged by. I kept thinking it was November and nope it was still October. I think it was how much work I had to get done in the month. Although I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. Also I just realized that this means that I'm almost done with what will most likely be the final fall semester of my undergraduate career. Say what? But that is not what I'm here to talk about.

Earlier in October my roommates and I did some roomie bonding and I realized that I never wrote about it. Okay I didn't realize it. I've had 3 post on my to-do list to write and I'm finally getting around to writing 1 of them. Hopefully the other two will be written in the next century month. But our little bonding trip brought us Pumpkin Picking!

We went on a Sunday which meant that I had to work my normal Sunday shift of 8 AM to Noon while they got to sleep in. While I was working I had multiple people come up to me and tell me it was snowing!
Source
 At first I was like "Oh no, I'm not going pumpkin picking in the snow." But by the time I got off it had stopped snowing and we decided to go anyways. 

We went to Bishops Orchard which is about 20 minutes away from where we go to school. We went right over to the pumpkin patch and started looking at what pumpkins we wanted. At first I pictured getting just one big pumpkin but I ended up changing my mind and getting one small pumpkin and 3 mini pumpkins. I figured since I wasn't going to be craving it I didn't need a super large one. I believe that my roommates, Megan and Sonja, both made similar purchases.

After we paid for our pumpkins I got in line to buy some fried dough. I was starving but the line took forever. The Fried Dough was good but it wasn't overly memorable. While I was getting fried dough Megan and Sonja were exploring the store they have there. The have a lot of yummy looking prepared food. I actually got a cookie and cream cupcake and it was delicious. I wish they sold it in a six pack instead of just individually.

After the pumpkin patch we did a quick Target run as well as a Michael's run. When we got back to our dorm we spent the majority of the rest of the evening watching Criminal Minds and painting pumpkins. Although I didn't decorate for long because I had to go to bed early because of an early work shift the next morning.

Letting Snapchat know I'm vlogging
(You can follow me @Judy_Judy94)
When you're bored in line so you snapchat selfie
Our room's pumpkin collection
I was bored and took another selfie because I liked the lighting.
Over all it was a really fun day. I wish I had gotten more pictures and footage for the vlog but I was living in the moment and that's the more important part right? If you are interested you can check out my vlog by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!