Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The First Week of Classes {Fall 2015}

Hello All,

I feel like every time I come to write these post I'm apologizing for being MIA but in all honesty its because I am a busy college student and I want to give you interesting post and not just ones I throw together.

But one of my favorite post to do is the first week of class. I'm not really sure why but I feel like one day I'm going to want to look back on these weeks and think, "Wow wasn't life easy when you could sleep until 9," or something along those lines. So, without further ado, I present the fall 2015 first week of classes post.

So, for the first time that I could remember my school actually had the semester begin on a Monday...stranger things have happened right? But I loved starting classes on Monday because it meant that we had a whole week of classes instead of a half a week of classes and then a 3 day labor day weekend. Like why make the Monday only classes wait two weeks to meet.

Mondays aren't my favorite day. I get up at 3:45 AM, yes you read that right, 3:45 AM. I do this for a new job that I have a campus. I love the job, but 3:45 AM comes pretty early. I then worked 4 AM to 8 AM. After work I went upstairs and got ready for class. That is one reason I love 4 AMs on Monday is because I can still look cute because I have time and I'm already up. On this particular Monday I had some time to kill before class and I caught up on some Vlogs on YouTube and did some organization. At around 9:30 my roommate, Megan and I headed out for our first classes of the day. My first class was Geography 201 (Physical geography). The professor is nice but I'm not too excited about the class. The main reason I'm taking the class is because it is university requirement. Right after that class I have my once a week lab for that class. I'm not really sure what we're going to do in a geography lab but it should be interesting. That class got out pretty early so I decided to go get lunch at our school student center and go hang out in my dorm. At around 1:30 I headed back out into the world. I have my Communication 225 - Interpersonal Communication class. I had this professor last year and absolutely loved her. I'm so excited to take her again. This class is different then the other communication classes I've taken in the past though because it feels almost more like psych class because we spent a lot time talking about self and how we became who we are. After that class I went back to my room and took about 30 minute nap. Megan and I hoped right back into our routine of getting dinner at 6 PM and then spent the rest of the night hanging out. I think I officially hit my wall at about 10:30 and crashed out for the night.

My first day of the semester selfie
I work up around 8:30 AM on this day and got ready for the day. My first class of the day starts at 9:35 AM, which is my Communication 253 - Video production class. I'm so excited for this class. After starting to vlog a little more (you can check out the youtube channel here) I want to learn more about video editing so I can make some pretty awesome vlogs. I really like this teacher as well. He has a background in documentary making and he seems really chill and cool. After this class I have a 3 hour break. I spent it by eating and hanging out in my room. At around 1:20 I head back out for my last 2 classes. On this particular day though I forgot my keys and had to run back into my building and was almost late for class. But I made it. The first class is Media Studies 320 - Propaganda, although I loved media studies I'm not that excited about this class. I just don't enjoy analyze propaganda and I can't imagine spending 3 hours a week and 16 weeks talking about it. In the same classroom 10 minutes later I have my other media studies class with is criticizing media.  I love this class because one I LOVE the teacher. I built my schedule to ensure that I had her again for a teacher. Also one of my good friend, Cal, in that class. And its a small class so it makes for better conversation and I love it. After those classes I go back to the room and kind of chill. Megan has a late afternoon/night class but she knew she'd get out early on that day so I waited to have to dinner with her. After her class we ran to Stop and Shop, Jo-Anna Fabric's and got some Panera from dinner.

On Wednesdays I get to sleep until about 8:45, which is the latest I get to sleep in during the week. Megan and I walk to class again and I have my geography class. But unlike Mondays I don't have lab. At around 1 PM I went to get lunch with Mandi and we caught up. In the afternoon I have my interpersonal class again and then my day is over. Wednesdays I have a shorter evening though because I go to bed around 9 PM because I have an early morning.

Again I wake up at 3:45 AM because I work from 4-8 AM. On this day I had some reading to do so I got that during that 4 hour period. Right after work I get ready for the day because I have a 9:35 AM class. I come back from the dorm after my 9:35 class with my lunch. Any sane person would sleep during their 2 and half hour break but for some reason I'm normally pretty wired during this time. I once again I had my two media studies classes. On this day my first media studies class we had a quiz which I rocked. After class I went back to the room and hung out with my roommates. One of my roommates friend's came over. We played Uno and ran around like mad people. At about midnight I crashed after having about a 20 hour day.

I think I slept until about 10:30 and boy did feel good not to have any alarms. I don't have classes on Friday and I spent this Friday hanging out with my roommate Megan. She left to go home for weekend around 3 PM and I was going to take a nap but right before she left our RA came to the room to tell us that the fire alarm was going to go off but we didn't have to leave the building. I figured I would nap after it went off. Well it didn't go off until about 2 hours later. I could have finished my nap in that time. By the time it went off I felt like it was too late to take nap. Around 6 I went to our student center to get dinner. I also took a shower and watched a movie. That night I worked the mid-night to 4 AM shift and crashed soon after.

And that was my first week of the semester. Now its about 4 weeks into the semester and I'll be honest I'm still trying to get used to my new schedule. Especially the work hours. But I have been really liking my new job and my classes are all really interesting. I hope everyone who is starting a new semester of school is having a great year so far and that the semester goes great!


  1. You really have a hectic schedule! I'm about 3 weeks into my semester and I'm already tired. I just have 3 classes! Great that you like all your classes. Hope you have a great semester! :D
    -Shaya @

    1. Yeah, my schedule crazy hectic, in all honesty I'm still trying to get used to the sleep schedule part of it but hopefully I'll figure it out soon. I hope you have a great semester as well. Thank you so much for reading! 💕
      xoxo Em

  2. Oh my gosh what job do you have that you work at 4 am?! That is way too early girl, I wanna sleep! haha. I love your blog, it is great, I just came across it. I have a college advice blog, I write articles every week about academics, career advice, college life, plus I run giveaways, if you ever want to check it out!


Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!