Saturday, October 11, 2014

MOVIE REVIEW: Gone Girl

Hello All,

Yesterday I decided to take myself on a little date to go see Gone Girl! And boy was I glad a I did! Before I start the review you can check out the trailer by clicking the clip before.


Over the summer I started reading the Gillian Flynn novel, Gone Girl but never got a chance to finish it. Mainly because I started reading, To All the Boys I've Loved Before and never got a chance to finish Gone Girl. I'm hoping to finish it soon, maybe over winter break or Thanksgiving break, I don't get a lot of reading time during the semester.

Source
As soon as I saw the previews I knew had to see this movie. It drew me in faster then most movies ever have. For those of you who don't know what its about it follows the aftermath of when Amy Donne goes missing and everything Nick Donne does to find her and prove his innocence.

Source
The movies moves along at the perfect pace, even though it is an almost 3 hour movie! There wasn't any point in the movie where I was like "God, we get it can we move on puh-lease." Actually I think some of the story would have been lost if went any faster because it would have lost a lot of the extremely important details you need in order to understand the story.

My favorite part of the story is the fact that for almost the whole movie I didn't know who I could trust. Both Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike did a fabulous job making that possible, along with the other star studded cast of Neil Patrick Harris, Tyler Perry and Carrie Coon. I haven't seen Affleck in a  movie for awhile and I forgot what a great actor he was. Now having seen this movie I honestly can not picture a better fit for this character than Affleck.

Source
I don't know if this movie has gotten any awards buzz yet but in my opinion this movie does deserves some. Especially because before the movie was released to credits the didn't believe that their was going to be good at all. And came up out of the doubts to prove that it is fantastic movie.

The movie is rated R and for every good reasons. If you are not comfortable with graphic, bloody moments or sexual moments then I wouldn't recommend this movie.

Source
If you haven't seen Gone Girl yet you should jump in your car and go now! It was that amazing! I want to see it like 20 times over!

Have you seen gone girl? Did you like it? Let me know in the comments below!

Source

3 comments:

  1. I JUST saw this last night and I totally agree with your review. I had read the book when it first came out, so I completely forgot what happened at the end. Honestly, I think this may be one of those rare incidences where I liked the movie better than the book (I really liked the book too). I thought all the actors did a wonderful job. I would totally see this again and I'm so glad my husband and I took a date night to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to finish the book. I actually read on IMDB that the author wrote the screenplay as well and actually changed the ending to keep people on their toes! Thank you so much for stopping by and reading!

      Delete
  2. I've been seeing the book around but never got around with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!